2013 - Texelcampings
Texelcampings was set up in 1955 as Stichting Sociaal Toerisme Texel. The foundation’s aim was to promote camping on the island. They specifically targeted tourists camping on a shoestring, offering prices as low as 25 cents per night. On 15 December 1966, the foundation changed its name to Recreatiestichting Texel. For years, RST was an extension of the municipality. The local council had to approve all RST related decisions. On 8 January 1999, an amendment was made to the articles of association which permanently severed the foundation’s ties with the municipality. In 2007, the foundation had another name change to Stichting Texelcampings.
In 2012, the foundation found itself in a difficult financial situation. But De Krim still saw opportunities to keep Texelcampings going for the island. In the summer of 2012, the idea arose to work together, with the following goal: to create one strong organisation, with deep historic roots in Texel, that is better equipped to anticipate current and future changes in the hospitality industry. On 1 October 2013, De Krim Texel took over the operational management of the 4 campsites of Texelcampings: Loodsmansduin, Kogerstrand, De Shelter and Om de Noord. This was so successful that De Krim also took over the general management of Texelcampings in 2014. On 1 January 2015, the two organisations merged. The campsites are spread evenly across the island, each of them attracting their own type of visitors. This allows De Krim Texel to offer campers a wide range of camping options.