Overview of construction and improvements
The new clubhouse will be built about 75 metres away from the current clubhouse, next to the path from hole 9 to hole 10. The new clubhouse consists of 2 floors of 500m2. The basement consists of a buggy room, changing rooms, toilets, storage room, technology, the staff canteen and boardroom for the golf club. The basement is about 3 metres high, partly below ground level and partly above it. The 'normal floor' is 1.60 m high, which provides a magnificent view of the golf course from the terrace and restaurant area. This floor contains the entrance, the reception and golf shop, the restaurant and the kitchen.
In addition to the new clubhouse, a number of other improvements are planned:
- Hole 1 will be modified. In November we will demolish the current clubhouse. At the site of the old clubhouse, a raised tee shot of about 4 metres high will be built. The green of hole 1 will be moved.
- There will be a new practice green, next to the driving range.
- The access road will be moved and will go through the former agricultural plot of the Wijtten family.
- The driving range will be extended for safety reasons. The 2 par 3 holes behind the driving range will be moved to the former agricultural area where a lot of sand has been stored for several years now.
- It is likely that a second water storage tank will be constructed this winter next to the current water storage tank with solar panels.